Content to follow.
- Ireland’s regional population trends and religious demography, 1600-1900
- Early census taking in Ireland
- Seasonality of the Irish labour market in eighteenth century
- The development of the Irish parliament, 1560-1800
- Statistical inquiry before the Famine
Select publications include:
- Three eighteenth-century surveys of County Wicklow. In Analecta Hibernica, xxxix (2006), pp 79-138.
- A social history of the Wicklow Uplands. Dublin, 2006.
- No country for young men. In Ríocht na Midhe, xvii (2006), pp 173-202.
- An examination of the 1749 census of the diocese of Elphin. In Legg, Marie Louis (ed.). The census of Elphin, 1749, Dublin, 2004, pp xxv-xxxvii.
- The hearth money roll for Dublin city. In Analecta Hibernica, xxxviii (2004), pp 49-133.
- Navan, County Meath, in 1766. In Ríocht na Midhe, xv (2004), pp 83-100.
- The union of Navan in 1766. In Ríocht na Midhe, xiv (2003), pp 144-69.
- Pre-census sources for Irish demography. Dublin, 2002.
- A century of struggle in Delgany and Kilcoole. Dublin, 2002.