The university now requires that all postgraduate applications be made on-line using the PAC system.
Please note the following:
- NUIM History graduates do not need references for postgraduate admission. However it will be necessary for applicants to provide the names etc of two members of the department in order to get past the system. (Please do not ask the lecturers for references.)
- Applicants for M Litt/PhD or PhD must have consulted in the department and have the agreement of the Head of Department before applying on PAC. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further advice.
- Applicants for the MA in Local History, MA in Military History and Strategic Studies or MA in Archival Studies are strongly advised to make enquires before applying on line.
- Closing date for all MAs is 31 May. Any subsequent applications will be considered only if there are vacancies following consideration of earlier applications.
- The closing date for the Higher Diploma in Irish History is 31 May (although later applications may be considered). Applications for this programme will be considered on a first come first serve basis.
Deadlines for Applications
Possession of the minimum entry requirements for a course is no guarantee of acceptance. The number of students admitted to any course may be limited at the discretion of the Head of Department or by University regulations.